Have you had your flu shot? Do you know for sure, if the flu shot will provide all the protection you need?
In a prior post, I discussed a study published in the journal The Lancet. The study found that among people ages 18 -65, traditional flu shots were only 59 percent effective in preventing flu. So, it would appear that you’ll be out of luck if you fall in the other 41 percent. Is there another way to protect yourself?
Robert Scott Bell, a homeopathic medicine practioner, believes our exposure to flu has been increased by weakened immune systems and liver congestion. His primary focus is on the impact of a congested liver on your overall health.
In the following video, Dr. Bell explains why he believes better liver health will increase your chances of avoiding the flu this season. This video is courtesy of ihealthtube.com.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve never heard the term liver congestion. So, I decided to find out more.
What Is Liver Congestion?
I found an excellent article on the topic at the healthguidance.org site. The article was written by Johnathan Pitts. He decribes liver congestion as follows:
“The main function of the liver is to remove toxins from the body, which includes varied chemical as well as physiological substances. When the liver is overloaded with work then it can face problems in clearing toxins from your body, which results in congested liver or liver congestion.”
Mr. Pitts goes on to say:
“For getting rid of this it is advised that you follow a detoxification program.”
How Do You Cleanse Your Liver?
In his article, Mr. Pitts provides a simple process for detoxing your liver. He states:
“The best way to get rid of congested liver is to follow a liver cleanse or a detoxification process. There are a number of natural therapies available for cleaning of the liver, one of these is having stewed tomatoes and tomato juice for a period of two days. You can replace tomatoes with apple and apple juice. There are a number of supplements in the market that can help you revive the normal functioning of your liver.”
Folks, it doesn’t get much easier than this. Also, his suggestion is very inexpensive. Why not give it a try?
The Bottom Line: I can’t remember the last time I had the flu. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not at risk this flu season. I’m going to get my flu shot. But, I’m also going to do the liver cleansing suggested above. I personally want to improve my chances of avoiding the flu. What are you going to do?
It’s your life. live well!